New stock additions to my TFSA (Tax Free Savings Account)

Last year I was able to beat the TSX and DOW with my portfolio. The total return was about 25%. Not bad. I treated the portfolio very conservatively last year by purchasing a lot of solid dividend companies like Shaw Communications (SJR.B) and Utilities company Emera (EMA). I expect these companies to be held year over year and indefinitely as they can be easily DRIP'ed.

Now that another year has begun, I have another $5000 to play with. At the moment I am focusing on deep value net-net type of companies. With the Canadian dollar currently trading higher than the United States dollar, it makes purchasing stocks on the Nasdaq and NYSE that much more cheaper for me.

As there are no restrictions on what stocks can be placed inside a TFSA, I have added a few companies in the portfolio.

Without further ado, these are the stocks that I've added since the new year:

VVTV (ValueVision Media)
GRVY (Gravity Co Ltd)
CCME (China Media Express Holdings)
SOLR (GT Solar International)

In the coming weeks I will write the value argument for each of these stocks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus

Fed up with Pigsback