End of February Networth Update (-2%)

Well, February was again a very volatile month. So how did we do in February?

RRSP: $42200
CASH: $15366
STOCKS: $33400 (outside RRSP)
-------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $90966 (-2%) month over month

For the month of February my networth decreased by about 2% due to more volatility in the market and a few unforeseen costs that I ran into. Namely, my car was in for repairs that costed me way more than I had originally expected. Also, I liquidated some old poor performing mutual funds that I had purchased about 10 years ago with advice from an advisor. I had neglected those funds for a long time and it wasn't until recently that I discovered that the MERs for those funds were ridiculous that I decided to sell them and purchase some index funds.

Overall, I am still keeping a long term focus even though this past month was not as prosperous as I would have liked. Let's hope things improve in March!

Thanks again for reading the Canadian Dollars Blog.

Comments

Jster said…
Saw your blog on your pringles post. Anywayz thought you might like this site for tracking your networth:

http://www.networthiq.com/

Theres also a nifty widget that you can put on your blog with your networth info.

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

RRSP vs. saving for a home.

2019 is officially in the books