Fed up with Pigsback

I received the following in my mailbox today:
Dear canadiandollars,
We want to remind you of some changes that have taken place this week. Our 'Quiz Quest' promotion, where members could win daily or weekly PiggyPoints in our different Zones has now come to an end. The quizzes that are affected by this change are the Shop & Earn Quiz, Sports Quiz, Travel Quiz, Movie Quiz and the Quirky Quiz. Now that 'Quiz Quest' is over, we will no longer be awarding everyone PiggyPoints for getting the right answer. But don't worry; the quizzes aren't going away completely. You can still answer the quiz questions and be entered into a weekly draw to win 1,000 PiggyPoints for each quiz.

This change was meant to take place as of Monday, January 28th, but due to a small problem with the website, you may have noticed over the weekend that you didn't get your PiggyPoints when you were supposed to. Please note that we will be crediting all members who completed quizzes over the weekend with their PiggyPoints. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

We still have lots of PiggyPoint opportunities on the site, and new ones coming up soon, so be sure to check back often. We hope you continue to enjoy www.xxxx.com.

Sincerely,
Member Services


Effective immediately I'm discontinuing their freebie service for 4 main reasons:

  1. when redeeming points they take weeks and weeks and months to mail your reward
  2. they keep changing the redeeming levels for their prizes. There was once $5 gift cards you could redeem for. They quietly upped the amount to $10
  3. they used to give points (equivalent of money) for clicking on ads and answering their quizzes. Looks like points will be ridiculously difficult to come by.
  4. I'm not confident in their ability to pay out to all users.



Comments

Anonymous said…
I honestly do not like waiting longer than the 2 weeks for my rewards..and some of my things never arrived but I got my points credited back to my account. I have been waiting since Jan 11, 2008 for about 200.00 worth of rewards. I am also waiting for a few more referals to redeem rewards(though I doubt this is going to happen)I refered 25+ people to the site and was enjoying it, they are going to loose lots of costumers..but all in all I shouldn't complain and I already received about 100.00 worth of freebies..and did not spend a penny.
I'll stick with it for now.
Anonymous said…
I asked them about where my 2 missing gift cards were, out of 5. I said I had sent them several emails, and felt they had been dodging the question.
Here is their response:

"I would like to assure you I am not dodging your reward query, I will need to forward your query onto my colleague who would be able to advise you further!"

Thats a dodge if I have ever seen one!!!
This is only 1 of the few problems I have had with them. After I receive my last gift card, I am not going to be using Pigsback any more, because of their lack of professionalism and customer service.
Anonymous said…
It's ridiculous they are taking the points away. I mean, everytime we clicked on their ads, THEY get PAID by the advertisers. Everytime we signed up for their credit card or Shockware for example, they get paid between $25 - $50 per signup. That is a lot of money they pulled in. $25 times 10 thousands users or 100 thousands times $25 is HUGE money for them. They have the traffic now, by cheaping out, those traffic would fade away and gone.
Anonymous said…
Negative Feedback for Pigsback!!!

They deleted my account for no reason, I e-mailed them, they said because I have duplicated account, but I only have one account(yes,I am honest), and I am the only person who have internet access at home.

Don't waste your time on this website!!!
Anonymous said…
WARNING...STAY AWAY FROM PIGSBACK...THEIR FIRST PROMO - WHERE YOU SIGN UP FOR A LEANCUISINE CONTEST AND GET 500 POINTS - THEY NEVER CREDITED MY ACCOUNT! I'm sure they got money from the company (Lean Cuisine) but never paid out to me. This is all to consistent to be a faulty cookies issue!

So not only consumers - but advertisers/third party companies - BE WARNED - do not deal with Pigsback - total crooks!
Anonymous said…
They're pathetic. Making stuff up like the gift card got returned to us, so we suspect fraud. Please respond on your account will be deleted.
Anonymous said…
I mentioned something on the Facebook group about how people I know were not getting credited for their Shockwave trials and I hoped that I was going to get the points. They deleted the post, and I am now locked out of my account. I can retrieve my password, but it doesn't work. I am red up. however, I'd like to know how the first poster managed to accumulate such a large amount of points in order to cash in for so many g.c.'s.

Popular posts from this blog

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus