End of January Networth Update (+3%)

Well, January was certainly a volatile month. We ended 2007, at around 90K in networth. How did we do in January?

RRSP: $33800
CASH: $22156
STOCKS: $36942.67 (outside RRSP)
-------------------------------------------
TOTAL: $92898

What this means is that for the month of January, my networth actually increased 3%. My savings rate would have been even higher had it not been for the numerous dips that we experienced in the past few weeks.

Overall, I am still relatively happy about the month despite the fact that many of my defensive stocks took minor nose dives. I stress that these are paper losses, as I have not sold any of my current holdings. I am in the market for the long term and I believe that those that are patient and who buy defensive stable stocks, will be rewarded wonderfully in the long run.

The key thing is to stay disciplined and continue holding solid dividend paying stocks. Lets hope that the month of February is more prosperous.

Thanks again for reading the Canadian Dollars Blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

RRSP vs. saving for a home.