Top Financial Podcast Picks

If you're like me and live in a big metropolitan city, you spend a lot of time commuting to and from work. On most days I can be spotted either reading a book or listening to my ipod. Depending on my mood, when I'm listening to my ipod I'm either listening to music or podcasts.

In today's post, I will discuss some of my favourite financial podcasts (in no particular order):

1. The Economist

A brief 10-15 minutes in length and updated weekly, I enjoy this podcast because it is very direct and is a no-nonsense summary of the week's economic news. The global scope of the topics they discuss is very refreshing when compared with my reading my local newspaper.

I used to be a subscriber to the Economist, but discontinued my subscription due to not having enough time to read it from cover to cover. However, whenever I am at the library, I always pick up the latest copy to read because it is that good.

2. The Disciplined Investor

Hosted by Andrew Horowitz, I really enjoy listening to this podcast because the author is able to discuss the usually dry topic of investments in a fun and entertaining way. Although this podcast is at the longer end of the spectrum than some of my other picks, it is very informative. Andrew is very passionate when he discusses popular stocks and interviews notable people in the Investment space.

3. Sound Investing by Merriman Berkman Next

A very honest and refreshing insight into market analysis, interviews with fund managers, and retirement information. These guys are strong believers in indexing and always encourage listeners to avoid the trap of paying high MERs for poorly performing Mutual Funds. I highly recommend their advice for the casual and novice investor. The best part of this podcast is that I never get the impression that they are trying to give a sales pitch. They just tell it like it is and I admire them for that.

4. Wallstrip

The lighter side of investing. Hosted daily by Lindsay Campbell, these videocasts are usually under 5 minutes long and profile strong stocks in the market. Campbell shares her witty, dubious, and frank insights as to why the stocks are doing so well. While some may say
that there isn't enough content in her segments, I find these short clips entertaining for the morning commutes.

5. Business Week - Cover Stories

I subscribe to the digital version of business week and supplement my reading with this podcast. What I like most about this podcast is that it doesn't just rehash the content from the articles. Instead, the editor interviews the author about the writing of the story. In doing
so, the writer is able to share their own experiences and comments. Very insightful and not too verbose. The length of this podcast is usually between 10-20 minutes.

I hope you will check out and enjoy my top podcast picks. If you have any good financial podcast recommendations, I would love to hear them. Feel free to drop me a note in the comments section. Thanks for reading the Canadian Dollars Blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

RRSP vs. saving for a home.