New Strategy: Satellite Stock Picks

First off I want to say that I've changed my strategy for this website. Because of some new commitments and the fact that there are a wealth of excellent Canadian Financial Blogs out there, I will focus mostly on the trading aspect.

Keep in mind that my strategy for long term financial success has not changed. I am still a firm believer of the Core and Satellite philosophy. In my core is a basket of solid high dividend blue chips and index ETFs. In my satellite holdings will be my trades which I intend to post here as they happen.

Recent trades I've made include:


HOD Hori. Beta. NYMEX Cr. Oil Br. Pl (ETF)

I bought last week at 10.97 and sold this week for 12.65 for a nice 15% profit. I'm still bearish on crude oil and will look for re-entry points next week. Hurricane Ike and the unknown damages it will cause may create a temporary problem for oil shorts so that is why I decided to book the profits and sold.

After all 15% in one week is not bad right?

On Friday I decided to initiate a position in:

HNU Hori. Beta. NYMEX Nat. Gas Bl. Pl. (ETF)

Natural gas has taken a big hit. I bought in today at 12.94. With the cold months coming up and the big spread between oil and natural gas, either oil has to drop significantly more, or there is more upside for natural gas.

As always, do your own research and none of this should be used as investment advice.

Comments

Wiser Miser said…
Great trade in HOD.

I'm look forward to reading more about your trades and hope to learn something all the way.

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus