A review of 2009

In the past year my non-registered investments have increased an astounding 76%. Note that this includes both dividends that are re-invested and an aggressive push in March and April to invest. At that point I was holding approximately 0% cash and fully invested in the market. I made the decision to invest for two reasons:

1. I'm invested for the long haul

2. I had a feeling that the market had bottomed.

You could say that I pretty much went all in. Since hitting the bottom in April, I haven't made a huge push. I'm currently holding about 25% in cash so that I am ready to pounce when I find anything worth buying.

Some of my recent purchases in December include:

BOLT, RCI.B, GRVY

I'm investing in stocks that are arguably deep value and stocks that pay a generous dividend. RCI.B as beat up really badly after the announcement of Globalive's WIND mobile.

I will talk more about my decisions to purchase GRVY and BOLT in a future post. For now I'll just say that these two stood out because of their low debt situations and deep (arguably) deep values.

Comments

Think Dividends said…
Rogers looks good at these levels. Nice dividend yield. Expecting a dividend increase from them when they report in February.

CHEERS

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

RRSP vs. saving for a home.