Stock Focus: General Electric - A long time hold.

I recently (on friday) initiated a position in General Electric (GE). Like many other U.S. Multi-Nationals, this one I believe has been overlooked. With a below market P/E Ratio I see this one as a definite value play. Because of its size, it's like purchasing a proxy for the entire market which, with the market acting with a lot of uncertainty, seems to be a safer play. On an ethical note, I also like their strong push into ecological infrastructure especially in developing nations where it's even more important.

NBC has recently initiated a "go green" campaign which I see as very genuine. They seem to be doing a lot of common good, so I don't see this "go green" campaign as a marketing trick to try to jump on the latest trends.

With a company so diversified as GE, it should be a safe place to park my money and earn a nice dividend while we ride this storm out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus