Saving money with Coupons makes me so HAPPY

I've recently received tons of coupons in the mail. My coupon stash had accumulated to the point where I was clearly receiving more coupons than I was using. Worst than that was all the useful coupons I had accumulated and hoped to use were expired.

This past weekend I went through my coupon stash and threw out all coupons that had expired or were about to expire. (Eg I just purchased 24 rolls of toilet paper at Shoppers Drug Mart last weekend and this extra coupon for $1 off expiring Dec 31, likely won't be used unless I literally have a crappy holiday). Jokes aside I took all the coupons that I knew I could use in the near future and organized them.

I took all my free coupons - free kashi cereal, free live active cheese, $1 off toilet duck and took em all to my grocery stores, zellers and drug stores to redeem.

In the end I was able to use a total of 10 coupons. Sure I got a lot of odd looks from cashiers. Note - the younger cashiers are usually better because they don't scrutanize your coupons as much. The older cashiers, I find, tend to read every single fine print on the coupon in an effort to prevent me from using them. Sure the customers behind me get annoyed, but it's not my problem.

All in all I walked away with tons of free stuff and tons of savings. This was truly one of the most productive/cost effective weekend shopping trips I've done in a long time.

Just wanted to share it with you all.

Anyone out there have any coupon tips? How do you manage your coupon stash? Have you guys picked up any cool savings with coupons lately? If so, I'd like to hear from YOU the loyal reader! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus