Why I'm Bullish on Bank of Nova Scotia (BNS)

Here are the main reasons why I'm bullish on Bank of Nova Scotia. Despite the subprime mortgage problems that we've been experiencing this past year, I am still very much bullish on the stock.

Here is a summary of my reasons:
  • a very unique international growth strategy focusing on central and south america and pretty much avoiding significant exposure to the USA - this is a good thing at this time

  • Scotia is Canada's 3rd largest banks by assets and they rank 2nd by market cap in canada

  • Scotia's total returns over the past decade have averaged 20% per anum

  • Steady rising dividend. Boring but stable.

  • Current dividend yield of 3.80%

  • Stock has been unfairly beat up in the last little while

  • I like Canada's Oligopoly. It limits competition and allows the banks here to rake up massive profits

Comments

I really like BNS when it gets under $50 as well.
torontoinvestor said…
Thanks for the comment MG. I will likely post about what I think about Citigroup later. I think it's a screaming buy at $30... Stay tuned!!

Popular posts from this blog

Fed up with Pigsback

2019 is officially in the books

Back from a Hiatus